NHTrust Provides $1,000 donation to Laconia Fire Department’s Life-Saving Fund
NHTrust is proud to support the Laconia Fire Department’s Life-Saving Fund with a $1,000 donation. The Life-Saving Fund supports the Laconia Fire Department’s advanced Technical Rescue Training. They have been providing emergency services to the residents, businesses and visitors of Laconia since 1893. Today, the Laconia Fire Department responds to approximately 5,000 emergency incidents yearly, 70 percent of which are EMS-related and the remaining 30 percent are fire-related. Fire service has changed dramatically over the years and has become an all-hazards training and profession.
“This donation from NHTrust will allow us the ability to continue the specialized Technical Rescue Training that our personnel need as it requires more in-depth preparation and takes more time”, noted Tim Joubert, Fire Chief and Emergency Management Director. “Our personnel must continuously train on perishable skills to stay proficient during technical rescue incidents and our budgets are fixed with minimal annual increases. We need and rely on support from organizations like NHTrust, other establishments and the public to maintain and expand our technical rescue capabilities.”
The Laconia Fire Department operates out of two fire stations, one is located in downtown Laconia and the other is at the Weirs. Their mission is to “save lives and protect property from fire, natural and manmade disasters, sudden emergencies and acute medical emergencies and trauma.” The Life-Saving Fund is a nonprofit 501C3 fund that supports and improves the Laconia Fire Department’s ability to respond to all types of disasters. Donations are always appreciated for the Department to continue with the high level of training that benefits the city residents, businesses and visitors. For more information or to contribute, please contact the department at 603.524.6881.
Caption: Left to right, Josh Allen, Associate Advisor for NHTrust presenting the check to Tim Joubert, Fire Chief and Emergency Management Director for the Laconia Fire Department