NHTrust Supports NH Now Photography Book and Exhibitions of Life in the Granite State
We are proud to sponsor New Hampshire Now, a collaborative effort between New Hampshire Historical Society and New Hampshire Society of Photographic Artists portraying current life in New Hampshire through photography. The curated collection will be presented in a limited-edition book, available for purchase beginning Oct. 1, as well as in a series of simultaneous exhibits at locations across the state starting the same date.
With more than 55 accomplished photographers featured, New Hampshire Artist Laureate Gary Samson curated the project, selecting from more than 10,000 photographs submitted. The photographs depict all aspects of contemporary life in the state, from natural and built environments to current events and people going about their daily lives. The resulting photographic archive will be held in the permanent collections of the New Hampshire Historical Society and will be a powerful historical resource for future generations.
The limited-edition book can be pre-purchased online from the New Hampshire Historical Society at www.nhhistory.org. Coordinating exhibitions will take place at the following eight locations throughout October:
- Belknap Mill Society, Laconia
- Davidow Center for Art + Design, Colby-Sawyer College, New London
- Historical Society of Cheshire County, Keene
- New Hampshire Historical Society, Concord
- Millyard Museum, Manchester Historic Association, Manchester
- Museum of the White Mountains, Plymouth State University, Plymouth
- Portsmouth Historical Society, Portsmouth
- Tillotson Center, Colebrook